It would be my great honor and privilege to participate in your personalized wedding ceremony as your officiant. I bring a depth of experience to your ceremony, as well as a great respect for the old and trusted estate of marriage.
I can give you my deepest promise that I will invest my time and energy and resources in creating the ceremony of your dreams with you for your special day.
Equally as important, we will also invest time together in preparing for your marriage to last a lifetime.
It would be my great honor to get to know you and I would love be your officiant for your wedding.
Here’s some fun facts about me:
- born in Abilene, Texas, grew up in Oak Cliff (a suburb of Dallas), and have lived in 14 different cities across Texas. (I know how to pack up and move!)
- Graduated from:
- Sunset High School in Dallas (Go Bisons!)
- University of Mary Hardin-Baylor with the Alpha Chi Award for the highest GPA in the graduating class (I was on the 10 yr plan doing college)
- Perkins School of Theology at SMU with the Senior Class Award for Preaching.
- Married another pastor, Rev Terry Nelson, now widowed
- Daughter & her husband live too far away! (in Mobile, Alabama) with my two amazing granddaughters, Claire & Mary Evelyn
- Have 2 dogs, “Ms Millie Mae Muddy Paws”, a Springer Spaniel, and “the Dude”, who accompany me on the quest for my daily steps
- Traveling. I can be ready in 15 minutes; just say the word.
- The American Southwest. But it has caused an addiction to the art & jewelry found there. Hoping to get into a recovery program soon (LOL).
- Horses. Always wanted one; never got one. So now I volunteer at ROCK (Ride On Center for Kids) and groom the horses before equine therapy sessions. Love it!
- BFFs. Very proud and grateful to still have friends from high school & grade school. Have big love for friends who travel, walk, and keep company with me.
- Had lots of jobs before finding THE job: janitor & general flunky for my family’s business, waitress, secretary, legal secretary, stay at home Mom, preschool teacher, Day Care Director.
- Ordained in the United Methodist Church in 1991 and have served 8 churches over 31 years of ministry. A highlight of my ministry was founding Wellspring United Methodist in Georgetown, Texas.
- Retired from serving churches in June, 2018.
Life is good and sweet and I am blessed.