It would be my great honor and privilege to participate in your personalized wedding ceremony as your officiant. I bring a depth of experience to your ceremony of marriage.
Equally as important, we will also invest time together in preparing for your marriage to last a lifetime.
Here’s some fun facts about me:
- born in Abilene, Texas, grew up in Oak Cliff (a suburb of Dallas), and have lived in 14 different cities across Texas. (I know how to pack up and move!)
- Graduated from:
- Sunset High School in Dallas (Go Bisons!)
- University of Mary Hardin-Baylor with the Alpha Chi Award for the highest GPA in the graduating class (I was on the 10 yr plan doing college)
- Perkins School of Theology at SMU with the Senior Class Award for Preaching.
- Married another pastor, Rev Terry Nelson, now widowed
- Daughter & her husband live too far away! (in Mobile, Alabama) with my two amazing granddaughters, Claire & Mary Evelyn
- Have 2 dogs, “Ms Millie Mae Muddy Paws”, a Springer Spaniel, and Bubbie, who accompany me on the quest for my daily steps
- Traveling. I can be ready in 15 minutes; just say the word.
- The American Southwest. But it has caused an addiction to the art & jewelry found there. Hoping to get into a recovery program soon (LOL).
- BFFs. Very proud and grateful to still have friends from middle and high school. Also have big love for friends who travel, cook, craft, and keep company with me.
- Had lots of jobs before finding THE job: janitor & general flunky for my family’s business, waitress, secretary, legal secretary, stay at home Mom, preschool teacher, Day Care Director.
- Ordained in the United Methodist Church in 1991 and have served 8 churches over 31 years of ministry. A highlight of my ministry was founding Wellspring United Methodist in Georgetown, Texas.
- Retired from serving churches in June, 2018.
Life is good and sweet and I am blessed.